Organizations / Memberships
- (ICC) International Code Council – www.iccsafe.org The International Code Council, a membership association dedicated to building safety and fire prevention, develops the codes used to construct residential and commercial buildings, including homes and schools. Most U.S. cities, counties and states that adopt codes choose the International Codes developed by the International Code Council. Certified Membership requires members to have passed at least one of the International Code exams, such as a B1 (Certified Residential Building Inspector). Is your inspector code experienced? Search for an ICC certified professional inspector here.
- (ASHI)American Society of Home Inspectors,® Inc. – www.ashi.org The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), founded in 1976, is North America’s oldest and most respected professional society of home inspectors. ASHI’s goals have always been to build customer awareness of the importance of a quality home inspection and enhance the professionalism of home inspectors.
- (InterNACHI) International Association of Certified Home Inspectors – www.nachi.org The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) is the largest inspection association in North America. Formed in 1990, NACHI is both a non-profit organization as well as tax exempt. More than 9,900 North American inspectors call NACHI home.
- (CMI) Master Inspector Certification Board – www.certifiedmasterinspector.org The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(6), tax-exempt organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the inspection industry. The Board holds the registered Trademark Certified Master Inspector® (CMI), the inspection industry’s top professional designation, and awards it qualifying inspectors who have demonstrated a high level of competency. The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is not a trade association and the Certified Master Inspector® is not a membership level. Certified Master Inspector® is a professional designation available to all qualifying inspectors who wish to be Board Certified™.
- (NHIE) National Home Inspection Examination – www.homeinspectionexam.org The Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) – An independent examination organization whose objective is to promote excellence and exemplary practice within the home inspection profession and to serve the public through its quality assurance efforts.
- (BBB) Better Business Bureau of NE Florida – www.bbbnortheastflorida.org The Better Business Bureau (BBB) system in the U.S. extends across the nation; coast-to-coast, and in Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico. Since the founding of the first BBB in 1912, the BBB system has proven that the majority of marketplace problems can be solved fairly through the use of voluntary self-regulation and consumer education. The BBB’s Core Services include: Business Reliability Reports; Dispute Resolution; Truth-in-Advertising; Consumer and Business education; and Charity Review.
- Zinsco Electrical Panel, Zinsco Circuit Breakers – Hazard Information Website
- Smelly Water (Rotten egg-like)? View the A.O Smith website for more information.
Chimney / Fireplaces
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA): FAQ Page
- Three levels of chimney inspections explained by CSIA
- Need a Chimney Sweep? Go to the CSIA Search Page.
- Is your home still under warranty? Builders may be responsible for defects up to 15 years. See copy of 2004 Florida Statutes Ch. 95 . Consult your attorney for more details.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission: CPSC
- EPA /Lead Based Paint: Lead in Paint, Dust, and Soil
- EPA /About Mold: Indoor Air – Mold
- Asbestos – Suspecting asbestos in your home – EPA website
- St. Johns County: County Web Page
- St. Johns County Building Department: On-line Permit
- Property Appraiser (St. Johns County): Property Ownership
- Property Appraiser (Flagler County): Search Links
- Property Appraiser ( Putnam County): Property Ownership
- Property Appraiser (COJ): Property Ownership
- Property Appraiser (Clay County): Website
- City of Jacksonville: Website
- Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP)
- Online Referral Service – The Florida Market Assistance Plan service organization is designed to assist consumers in obtaining property and casualty insurance coverage from authorized insurers in the private market. www.fmap.org
- Citizens Florida Property Insurance